Please read this document carefully and keep a copy for your future reference.
Who are 'we'?
The Data Controller for your Data is SJT Preparation. In some circumstances other SJT Preparation affiliated companies may carry out activities on its behalf.
A number of other Permitted Users will be using your information if, for example, you book the MDU discounted rate for the SJT Preparation course.
References to 'we' or 'us' include such affiliates and Permitted Users.
What Data will we have?
What will we use your Data for?
Your Data will be used, held and processed for the administration of or any other purpose associated with or which flows from:
- administration of your course booking
- your use of our website;
- research and statistical analysis;
- compliance and audit;
- systems development and repair;
- provision of marketing information and all related purposes (Permitted Purposes).
What will we do with your Data?
Your Data may be held by us for the duration of your course booking and attendance and such additional period as SJT Preparation may require for the Permitted Purposes.
We will use and process the Data, share it between Permitted Users, and/or provide it to third parties as set out below as required for the Permitted Purposes.
Where will we get your Data from?
We will receive Data either from you when you contact us (including where you provide Data through our websites). In some circumstances, we will receive Data from third parties who provide services to us or to our customers.
Who will we give your Data to?
We may share your Data among Permitted Users. We may also provide your Data to third parties who are contracted to provide services to us or to you relating to the Permitted Purposes.
We will also disclose your Data where necessary in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligations or codes of practice to which we are subject to the obligations which you owe to us or a Permitted User or to protect the rights, property, or safety of any Permitted User, its customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
What rights do you have?
You can at any time in the future ask not to receive direct marketing or such other materials, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you certain rights regarding your personal information. If you wish to exercise any of them, please email email@example.com.
Online purchase of courses
- Credit or debit card details are used for processing payment only. We use Stripe for the processing of payments for courses received through this website.
- When you place an order with us you will receive an automatic confirmation email. Your order represents an offer to us to purchase which is accepted upon completion of payment through the online automated system. You should receive immediate confirmation of this acceptance by way of a booking confirmation email. If you do not receive confirmation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- While all reasonable care is taken to protect the confidentiality of your card and personal details, SJT Preparation cannot be held liable if, through no fault of our own, these details are intercepted and used by an unauthorised third party.
- If you need to cancel a course booking, for whatever reason, you should first contact us by email at email@example.com
- SJT Preparation retain an overall discretion with respect to cancellation and refunds. In most cases SJT Preparation will provide a refund on cancelled course bookings up to 30 days before the start date of the course.
- Customers have a right to withdraw from the purchase of a course and obtain a refund within 14 working days of the day of order subject to the following:
- This right of withdrawal applies to courses which have been booked more than 30 days prior to the course date.
- To cancel a purchase, you must inform SJT Preparation by way of a signed and scanned letter to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We will refund the price paid within 14 days by the same method as used for payment.
- MDU discounts must be claimed at the time of booking. No retrospective discounts will be applied upon subsequently obtaining MDU graduate membership
- All prices include VAT (where applicable). Unless otherwise stated there are no delivery charges.
- Any purchase contract is in English and all communication between us must be in English. Nothing in this clause is intended to affect your statutory rights.
Course Material and Online Material
- Neither the Lecturer nor SJT Preparation give any claims, promises, guarantees or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, timeliness or adequacy of any information, data, wording or graphics, whether written, oral or visual used in connection with this course (Material).
- All persons using the Material do so at their own risk. Neither SJT Preparation nor the Lecturer will be liable for loss or damage arising out of or in connection with the use of the Material. This exclusion of liability covers damages of any kind, including (without limitation) compensatory, direct, indirect or consequential damages, loss of data, income or profit, loss of or damage to property, claims for third parties and losses sustained while attended SJT Preparation events. Notwithstanding the foregoing, none of the exclusions and limitations are intended to limit any rights a delegate may have as a consumer or other statutory rights which may not be excluded nor in any way to exclude or limit SJT Preparation’s or the Lecturer’s liability to the delegate for death or personal injury resulting from SJT Preparation’s or the Lecturer’s negligence.
- All Trade Marks, logos, brand names and service marks of SJT Preparation, whether registered or unregistered, remain the property of SJT Preparation, including the terms ‘SJT Preparation’, ‘SJT Preparation Course’, ‘SJT Preparation Material’, and any distinctive wording used by SJT Preparation in its online and printed material. Any use of these names or marks is prohibited without the express prior written consent of SJT Preparation.
- The Material has been designed as an integral part of the course solely for the benefit of the delegates attending the course. No part of the Material may be reproduced in any form or for any purposes without the prior permission of SJT Preparation. Any copyright in the Material remains the property of SJT Preparation and/or the Lecturer, as applicable.